Friday, October 29, 2010

Reflectiive essay


            This semester for this year I am really surprised at how much easier it is to type up an essay and put it up on your blog then to write it up, type it, and then bring it back to school. It is easier because sometimes I forget my essay and get a bad grade on it. This really makes me feel stupid and angry at myself and I will get this really bad feeling in my gut which will mess up my concentration. Though another thing why I enjoy typing up an essay instead of writing is it quicker and faster and you start to think faster because you don’t take as much time as you do when writing. And another thing why I enjoy it is because when I type down… it is really my ideas, my thoughts, my feeling... its just there as my fingers make up my idea into words. I also like the blog as I can use it to keep track of my ideas instead of just saying “Eh…” and throw it away as it will take up more physical space. But as you notice, if I put it on my blog it will be a journal, a way of how I can keep track of my ideas because it will take up less physical space and less likely to throw it away.
            A change I had notice since Mr. Sutherland post up instructions and make it due Friday night at 11:59:59. I find it a lot less stressful and I’ve been seeing a bit improvements but not much in my writing so far because I’ve been having lots of problem with writing how I talk instead of just writing it with the correct rubric, or instruction. I’ve also been having problems with how I do run-on sentences. Another thing I’ve been having more problems with is writer blocks, since I type up faster then I can my brain usually can keep up so then I have to think a bit before I start typing up again. Though there are more problems with writing things up as its way too slow and sometimes I lose my thought before I get around to it. Also typing has helped my grammar just a little bit as online corrections tells me my mechanical errors or even sometimes help me fix my sentences unlike writing which you only have your own eyes to correct yourself.
            In my blog though I’ve found how it is a lot more fun to type as you can mess with the font and the color of your typing and also decorate your blog which acts like a “journal” or a “diary” or just something that helps you keep track with what you have typed. Though another thing is that if we do it online we can read other peoples work too, and get an idea of what we are supposed to do. But what I enjoy most about doing out homework on blogs is that we use our own individual creative minds to set out our blogs. Though one more thing, I find it more interesting to review now, since now you don’t really have your teachers breathing down your neck as you correct your blogs and fix it, making it less like homework and just a fun activity, and what more is that it will never end since there will be no final draft ever as long as if there exist the human opinion namely “criticisms”. Even so it is also great to read the feed back from people since they might put something more truthful, or something funny that will make you actually listen as I have found out. But what makes me think like is Mrs. Corbally, as she says that we have to be nice in our review, making it less like our own opinions.
            But writing blogs has also has a great influence over my life. As I had explained that typing up a blog is less stressful then writing up an essay in my first paragraph. As you can see I’m supremely grateful for this new formation of homework and I have to thank you Mr. Sutherland for this as you just took a great load off my back. But typing up blogs also had other influence like giving me the new pleasure to try and talk about stories I have come up with, even though I may not have a great deal of story telling and I’m still a bit shy on actually posting my stories. Even so I hope I will soon. And also there’s another thing I like about blog as we can make up debates or ask really important question. The debate part is kind of fun as you can be aggressive towards it and say OBJECTION (only online though but would be fun if we could do it at class). It also really cool too get feedback on your blog for a question in daily life… for instance “why do people make fun of Justin Bieber” I’ve wondered about it for a while and finally… I got a chance to upload it too somewhere people were everyone in your class can see.
            In the end I think blogging really changed my idea of English… sine I think I have thoroughly explained that it is not fun to do blogging, how it is less stressful, easier to do, and just a huge load off my back. It great just knowing that it has really changed how I write because now I can have more editing done onto my essay which is totally great and I think it was for the best that this has happen and therefore I am happy to say ALRIGHTY . So, in all great ends of this essay, I am happy and this should be an idea passed around the school district as it is just great, really great. But also if this were to be taken away… then I would really fight for this way of doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment