Friday, March 25, 2011

A house of my own :D

I think that Ezperanza a.k.a. Cisneros will go far because basically Cisneros is writing about her life, though a character with a different name, I’m pretty sure that it’s a life story about herself. Why I think that is because Ezperanza and Cisneros have things in common so definitely there is a connection between the character and Cisneros not just by a author-character relationship but with life experience. But the things she had in common were poetry and or literature and such. I also see that she agreed to go back after reading The Three Sisters which was basically telling about Ezperanza future as the 3 sisters were fortune teller of some sort, or probably people who can grant wishes:
“You must remember to come back. For the ones who cannot leave as easily as you. You will remember? She asked as if she was telling me. Yes, yes, I said a little confused.” (105)
Here she had admitted to coming back and definitely think she had. Cisneros, who was Ezperanza, probably did go back and got the people that could not get out as easily as she could as Cisneros life is just an expansions on Ezperanza life.
Though I really did think that Ezperanza got her house as Cisneros had said on a vignette named A House of My Own, here she talks about her dream house and I think that it is basically the house Cisneros had gotten for herself:
“Not a flat. Not an apartment in back. Not a man’s house. Not a daddy’s. A house all my own. With my porch and my pillow, my pretty purple petunias. My books and my stories. My two shoes waiting beside the bed. Nobody to shake a stick at. Nobody’s garbage to pick up after.
A House quiet as snow, a space for myself to go, clean as paper before the poem.”
Here she explains a house, her dream house and I don’t think it as too descriptive, it gives off enough information such as how she had wished for such a house like this and so that is why I think Ezperanza had gotten far enough to make her dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment