Friday, December 10, 2010

The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night-Time PART 2


This is my second book post for The Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night-Time. For today’s discussion I had with my group was more about the story and the irony of it. Such as we learned that the Mother was actually alive (I was right on my guess because I didn’t believe there was enough proof to prove that the mother was dead). And what’s more is that she is with Roger (Mr. Shears). But I kind of guessed they would be together if she wasn’t in a grave somewhere in Swindon, Wiltshire.
Examples as to why I did not think that the Mother was dead. My first reason was as to why the Dad and Christopher John Francis Boone did not go visit her grave. My second reason was that why couldn’t the son go to see his mother, which then I did not that she had died. But mostly I think what contributed most was that I’ve heard of many storylines like this and most of them occur to have them not dead to build a climax or suspension of the story.
Another discussion of my group was that we talked about the mentioning of stars, and how that we are going by what Roman used to map out the stars such as Orion the Hunter, but unlike Christopher John Francis Boone, he ask why and that we could redraw the stars anyway we want to make it like a Dionsaur or a Lady with a Umbrella and even a Coffee maker. Logically I think he is correct and in my opinion… I don’t want to follow that system anymore… I’d rather have my own constellation of the stars.
But even so far in the book I think Christopher is still very logical as he knows how to find his way through sticky situation such as on the street, he was able to explore his surrounding blocks without getting lost, and he probably been there once I think, and he said that there were too many people so it threw his mind off and he couldn’t concentrate. Another thing that I suggest that made him really logical was when he was running away from home, he made a couple of solution and crossed out the places where he could not go ending with him deciding to go to his mom house.

No comments:

Post a Comment