Monday, November 8, 2010

Kite runner part 2

It was sad when the orphanage got blown up… as Rahim described it as a messy scene with children body part and rubble everywhere and it was just a pile of rubbles afterwards. And the Taliban said it was just collateral damage, after what Rahim told Amir about the Taliban, I wanted to so go over there and drag them all into a small boat and kick it off into the Pacific Ocean with no paddles.
There was another part in the story; I didn’t really understand what Rahim meant when he told Hassan was Amir’s half brother, I didn’t know if Hassan or Amir shared the same mom or dad but after my discussion with my group I found out that Hassan and Amir shared the same dad… Baba. Though I wonder why didn’t Baba tell Hassan himself as it would have changed a lot of things and somehow I’d think things would be better as they would be more brotherly or loving of each other unless Amir gets jealous.
But later in Rahim story I wonder why Hassan mother ever came back, he didn’t say she had a reason, but I think it was that she finally saw her sin and came back just to atone for what she had done. It was sort of great that happened but there was no real reason behind her motive and though I’m not alright with what answers I got.
There was a huge change in Amir, in my opinion. Though as Amir went to look for Hassan son Sorab, I never imagined he would at first but he suddenly went and did, but in the end I think it was atonement for himself just because of his guilt and Baba. So I think he was more of trying to say sorry to Hassan but now that he knows he can’t he tries a different attempt.
            One more thing what I sort of thought that was confusing, was that why was Baba refusing to take medicine, he knows he can live just a bit longer, but he didn’t take it. But I only came up with three solution, you know that he saved up 35,000 dollars and he didn’t spend it until the wedding, I thought maybe he didn’t want to spend it and save it for something special for Amir. Another solution was that because he was just somehow prideful or thinking of medicine dishonoring him in somewhat ways. The last solution I came up with was that maybe he thought that it was finally Amir turn to fight for himself because he knows he can’t be around forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment