Friday, November 5, 2010

Response for Aakash Kite runner

This is a response to Aakash Sanju blog about the kite runner and how moving it was for him.
Kite Runner, a book by “Khaled Hosseini”. So far, this has turned out to be a moving book. It is very dramatic as well. Every time, it gets more dramatic than the before. The best word to describe this book is Extraordinary. This is in fact a fiction, although it may seem like a biography. 
So far, this book is about, an Afghan man, who is haunted by his unatoned sins. While walking in a park, somewhere in San-Francisco, he recalls for his unatoned sins. He recalls himself as a boy, and the mistakes he made. He tells all these events in a chronological order after a flashback in the very beginning of the book. 
I agree with Aakash it is a moving book. But I thought it was a true story wasn’t it because I did remember Mr. Sutherland saying it was a real story. But also though I know how you feel about it getting more dramatic every time I have that feeling now and now that I’ve read it further and other people response I feel like Amir wasn’t the jerk he put himself as but at the same time just making really bad choices at the time. Another thing though is that at first I thought it was a biography so thanks for informing me the truth. But I also like your introduction or summary of the piece so that it is talking about the beginning in your blog post as it is informative of the beginning and then summarizes everything just enough for people to understand what is happening. Though another thing I liked about this part of the blog was that you mentioned his unatoned sins but you don’t really elaborate on that as much in my opinion but still it does make enough sense. But Aakash I want to know why you feel it’s getting more dramatic… since people can just say it just is… but most of the time they are just agreeing with people. But why are you interested in it.

1 comment:

  1. Hold on a second. I did not say this was a true story. This is historical fiction, which means that it's a made up story set in a real time and place. Also we discovered that SOME of the situations and basic ideas for characters were inspired by the author's own childhood experiences. But that does not make this a "true" story. Clear?

    ReplyDelete